Power Sales Specialist
Company: Sunrise Medical
Location: Chicago, IL - Cleveland, OH -
Responsible for driving growth and co-managing a large territory in the selling of Power products for Sunrise Medical, specifically at dealers and clinics. Responsibilities also include co-directing local Account Managers in their responsibilities. The territory will include accounts that are specifically assigned by management. Results will be tracked based on power sales to all accounts assigned. Also will seek out opportunities to gain increased market share through focus groups, expos and trade events.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively drive results and coach other sales associates in a matrix management environment.
- Meeting sales quotas for a specific territory.
- Within identified target accounts, work closely with local account managers to develop a revenue/action/growth plan, a.k.a. Territory Action Plan (TAP), then drive the execution of that plan.
- TAP should focus primarily on pull through activities at clinical referrals and dealers.
- In collaboration with Regional Director, identify gaps in necessary selling skills of local account managers, coach them to improve their skills, to operate independently and effectively on an ongoing basis.
- This will include specific and documented feedback, including critical feedback when needed, to account managers on identified development opportunities. Goals, observations, training plans, actions and results will be documented consistently and shared with account managers and regional director.
- Providing on-going education/training for identified target dealer accounts, clinical resources, and Account Managers.
- Upon request, collaborate with Marketing/Sales Ops/Product Mgmt. to create specific tailored offerings, promotions and training materials appropriate for both internal and external customers.
- Managing expenses to territory budget.
- Maintaining a sample account.
- Gaining specific insights from dealers and clinicians to facilitate future product development ideas.
- Assist Account Managers with new product introductions at identified target clinical facilities and dealer accounts.
- Overnight travel and some special events on weekends are required.
QualificationsRequired Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to coach and drive results in a matrix management environment
- Qualified candidates will possess significant clinical and mechanical sales experience, preferred in complex rehab, and in power wheelchair experience highly preferred
- Good customer focus and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Territory planning and management skills, including matrix management experience. Ability to demonstrate successful achievement of 2-5 years preferred. Documented ability to create process based strategic business plans and execute them, using a specific and sustainable sales process
- High degree of business acumen
- ATP, RTS, CRTS credentials preferred
- Demonstrate success in both verbal & written communication while providing excellent customer focus.
- Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office Programs, Tablet Technology, Proprietary Software
- Ability to travel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Forward Thinking – Anticipating the implications and consequences of situations and taking appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Strategic Thinking – Analyzing our competitive position by considering the market and industry trends, our existing and potential customers, and our strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors.
- Results Orientation – Focusing on the desired end result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work; setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Business Acumen – Acting with insight and intelligence in the areas of commerce and industry.
- Thoroughness – Ensuring that one’s own and other’s work and information are complete and accurate; careful preparation for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.