Director of Assistive Technology Center
Company: The Boston Home
Location: Dorchester, MA
QualificationsThe Director will develop, support and manage the center to provide a wide range of adaptive equipment services and assistive devices to both inpatient and community clients. The center will design, develop, fabricate, modify and maintain adaptive equipment and assistive technology that will foster accessibility and independence to the adults with physical disabilities.
- Design, fabricate and modify adaptive equipment based on individualized assessment and specifications and will include wheelchair and seating systems as well as Electronic Aids to Daily (EADL).
- Develop and maintain a fabrication shop and its necessary equipment. Maintain a parts and supply inventory necessary to fully service the targeted population.
- Conduct research and development of customized assistive devices for wheelchairs and other assistive technology designed to enhance accessibility and personal independence.
- Develop and implement a specialized training program for therapists, students and researchers involved in assistive technology to promote ongoing community partnerships and enhance assistive technology service options.
- Provide limited repair services primarily geared toward emergency needs and serve as a community network resource to direct clients to needed services.
- Coordinate referrals to seating clinic, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy as necessary.
- Foster and maintain professional affiliations to enhance service innovation and increase community outreach of the targeted clientele.
- Develop and monitor a Business Plan that fosters a match between programmatic goals and sources of revenue reimbursement.
- Develop and manage a referral process to determine access to the services provided by the center.
- Supervise technician staff as determined by program and operational need.
- Other related duties as assigned.
SkillsMinimum Entrance Requirements:
- Five or more years of experience in the Assistive/ Adaptive Technology field with a demonstrated clinical and technical acumen, experience in seating and positioning requirements of complex rehabilitation equipment and experience in adjusting & modify power mobility equipment as well as alternative drive controls.
- ATP or RTS certification or ability to sit for exam
- Demonstrated ability to conduct assessments to determine accessibility needs of the client population.
- Demonstrated design and fabrication skills.
- Effective communication and advocacy skills
- Well organized with attention to details