This page is designed to provide helpful downloadable documents to members of the Complex Rehab Technology community.
Protecting the Wheelchair on a Commercial Flight: How People from the Wheelchair Industry Can Help
Author, Jessica Presperin Pedersen, OTD, MBA, OTR/L, ATP/SMS, FAOTA, RESNA Fellow
created by Jill Sparacio and Jessica Pedersen (2007, 2014, 2018)
View the complete list of Medical Focus and Rehab Case Study article from previous editions DIRECTIONS
RESNA Position Papers
The Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA) has published a series of Position Papers which presents the consensus of experts and evidence and summarizes current research and best practice trends. The purpose of the Position Papers is for Evidence-based documentation.
- The Application of Tilt, Recline and Elevating Legrests for Wheelchairs - Revised Version
- The Application of Wheelchair Standing Devices
- RESNA Position of Wheelchairs Used as Seats in Motor Vehicles
- Application of Ultralight Manual Wheelchairs
- Application of Wheelchairs, Seating Systems and Secondary Supports for Positioning vs. Restraint
- The Application of Seat Elevating Devices
- The Application of Pediatric Power
- RESNA Position Paper on Evacuation Chairs
RESNA Service Provision Guide