About NRRTSNRRTS is a professional association supporting individuals who provide Complex Rehab Technology wheelchairs and seated positioning systems for people of all ages and diagnoses who have postural or mobility deficits. These professionals offer quality care and service using specialized knowledge, training, experience and skills to match the consumers' needs to appropriate equipment.
The National Registry of Rehabilitation Technology Suppliers was incorporated in 1992 by a group of rehabilitation technology suppliers (RTSs) committed to raising the standards of their profession and ensuring consumers receive quality, cost-effective, individualized and function-enhancing equipment. To this end, a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice was established as well as mandatory annual continuing education so Registrants maintain appropriate skills and current knowledge in the field of rehabilitation technology. NRRTS currently has Registrants in all 50 states.
MissionNRRTS is a professional association of committed, skilled, experienced individuals who provide Complex Rehab Technology and services to people with significant postural or mobility deficits. This technology includes wheelchairs and seating systems along with other enabling technology.
- NRRTS helps facilitate the well-being of the consumers our Registrants serve
- NRRTS accomplishes this through credentialing and registration of individuals who supply Complex Rehab products and services;
- NRRTS enhances the stature of the NRRTS Registrant through the persistent achievement of rigorous professional and ethical standards; and through industry cooperation and advocacy.
- NRRTS is committed to empowering consumer self-advocacy to assure access to appropriate technology.
Vision & Goals
Our DestinationNRRTS Registration will be recognized as the pre-eminent specialty credential* for suppliers who are actively, directly involved in and responsible to the consumer in the service delivery process for Complex Rehab products and services.
- NRRTS will enhance the value of NRRTS Registration among current and former NRRTS Registrants.
- Consumers who utilize Complex Rehab product and services will realize the value of NRRTS Registration.
- State Medicaid agencies and other payers will recognize the value of NRRTS registration.
- All other stakeholders in the Complex Rehab Technology industry and profession will realize the value of NRRTS registration.
- NRRTS will raise the level of knowledge and professionalism of NRRTS Registrants by becoming the primary source of relevant, cost-effective educational programming and information about the industry and profession.
- NRRTS will update its registration and renewal policies to assure that new Registrants and renewing Registrants demonstrate a high level of competency in the provision of Complex Rehab Technology products and services.
- NRRTS will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of interactions among NRRTS staff, NRRTS Registrants, volunteer leadership and other customers.
- NOTE: A credential is an attestation of qualification and competence, issued to an individual by a third party with a relevant de facto authority or assumed competence to do so. NRRTS has been providing credentials to rehabilitation technology suppliers for 17 years, longer than any organization in the Complex Rehab industry and profession.